NWL has a rolling programme of works where we inspect certain types of premises to ensure the water systems meet the requirements of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999.
The Regulations play an important role in protecting public health, safeguarding water supplies and promoting the efficient use of water within customers premises. The premises we visit are predominantly, but not restricted to, Fluid Risk Category 4 & 5 properties.
For further information on Fluid Risk Category’s please visit: www.wras.co.uk/consumers/resources/glossary/fluid_categories
If you feel your premises would benefit from a Planned Inspection please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect from our visit
- We will not disrupt your water supply.
- We will carry out a free in depth inspection of your plumbing systems, checking where water is used along with any water fittings and appliances used.
- We will let you know of any issues whilst on site.
- We will produce a detailed report highlighting the improvements you may will need to make to bring the system(s) into compliance.
- We will offer you technical guidance on how to achieve compliance.
- We will agree a realistic time scale for you to complete these improvements.
What you need to do
- Allow us access to all parts of your water systems.
- Make available any site plans (if possible) and show us around the site.
- On receipt of the report ensure that it gets to the right person to action.
- Arrange for the work to be completed within the required time period.
- Contact us if you need further guidance or cannot complete the works in time for the re-visit.