We'll cap your bill, if you receive income-related benefits and have a large family, or if you receive income-related benefits and have a medical condition that uses a lot of water.


Our bill cap scheme, WaterSure is here to ease those worries.


We'll cap your metered charges, so if you need to use more water than the average household, for reasons that can't be helped, we'll cap your metered charges.


How do I qualify for WaterSure?
To qualify for WaterSure, you must have a water meter.


You must receive at least one of the following benefits:

  • Pension credit
  • Income Support
  • Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (not including family element-only claimants)
  • Housing Benefit, or
  • Universal Credit.


Finally, you must also have either:

  • 3 or more children living with you at the property, or
  • a member of the household living with a medical condition that means they must use lots of water.
How do I apply?
You can download our application form at the bottom of this page.


Fill it in, and either post it back to us, to the address on the form, or scan the document and email it to us.

Download the application form

More from Northumbrian Water

Are you sure?

Changes are waiting to be saved