Every year we work with more than 9,000 young people to help give them an insight or prepare for the world of work.
Some of the ways that we can support them help to prepare them for starting their careers or help to learn more about working in the water industry. We offer:
Visits to water and sewerage treatment works
You could take the opportunity to visit one of our many sites open to schools.
Water treatment works:
• Whittle Dene water treatment works, west of Newcastle
• Wear Valley water treatment works, near Stanhope, Country Durham
• Lumley water treatment works, Chester le Street
• Warkworth water treatment works, Warkworth, Northumberland
Sewerage treatment works:
• Birtley sewage treatment works, near Team Valley
• Tudhoe sewage treatment works, Spennymoor
• Hendon sewage treatment works, Sunderland
• Amble sewage treatment works, Amble, Northumberland
• Bran Sands, Teesside (available for older students, Year 10 upwards, only
For further information, please see the ′Site tours′ page or to organise a visit, please complete the online form Teacher / Student Query.