15 August 2018
The Institute are proud to announce the National and Regional winners of the Committee Member of the Year award launched in May.
This year the Institute of Water launched a new internal award aimed to recognise outstanding Area committee members on a national scale. Volunteers who sit on one of the Institute’s 8 regional committees were asked to nominate one of their peers who they think has demonstrated outstanding commitment to their Area committee and to the Institute. From these nominations the Regional Committee Members of the Year were identified. IWater head office then underwent the difficult process of judging these nominations in order to recognise the 4 National Committee Members of the Year.
The Institute wants to congratulate all of this year’s winners and thank all of their volunteers for the hard work and time that they invest in driving forward the Institute of Water in their work to support the careers of people working in all professions and at all levels across the UK water sector. All nominees will receive a copy of their nomination in the post over the next few weeks.
National Committee Members of the Year
• Amanda Senewiratne, Fyrefly
• Lilian Parkes, Northern Ireland Water
• Dominic Scott, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
• Vivienne Dell, Scottish Water
Regional Committee Member of the Year
• Eastern Area: Ben Tam, Isle Utilities
• Midlands Area: Rose Jolly, Severn Trent Water
• Northern Area: Victoria Ross, Northumbrian Water
• Northern Ireland Area: Lilian Parkes, Northern Ireland Water
• Scottish Area: Vivienne Dell, Scottish Water
• South East Area: Amanda Senewiratne, Fyrefly
• Welsh Area: Dominic Scott, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
Nominations for next year’s Committee Member of the Year will open in February 2019. To find out more about the Committee Member of the Year Award please contact Lucy Archer via email@example.com.
For more press information please contact:
Lee Hansom, PR and Communications Manager
Tel: 0191 422 0088
• The Institute of Water was founded in 1945 and is the only professional body that exclusively supports the careers of anyone working in the UK water industry.
• The Institute aims to inspire its Members to reach their potential by providing opportunities for all people in the UK water sector to enhance their careers through learning, recognition, networking and professional development.
• The Institute’s vision is for the UK water industry to be served by the best people.