Northumbrian Water continues to be the most trusted water company in the country according to the industry watchdog’s latest figures.
In the 2017 Water Matters survey, by the Consumer Council for Water (CCWater), Northumbrian Water came top in a number of categories that were voted for by the public.
In total 5,400 customers from across the country were surveyed and asked for their views on their local water and sewerage services.
The results, that were published this morning, show Northumbrian Water is performing well in a number of key areas:
• Northumbrian Water continues to be the most trusted water company in the country (for the fourth year running).
• 98% of Northumbrian Water customers were satisfied with the reliability of their water supply.
• 97% of Northumbrian Water customers were happy with the colour and taste of their water.
• 93% of Northumbrian Water customers were satisfied with their water supply. This is the highest score out of all of the water and waste water companies in the UK.
• 91% of Northumbrian Water customers were satisfied with their sewerage services.
• 84% of all customers surveyed said that they were satisfied with the value for money they got from Northumbrian Water. This is the highest score out of all of the companies in the UK.
Claire Sharp, Northumbrian Water’s Customer Service Director, said: “We place a lot of importance in the water matters survey results. The info comes direct from the customer direct and it’s really important that we listen to them and act on what they are telling us.
“It’s really positive to see us scoring so well in a number of categories, especially the ones that we know matter the most to our local customers.
“Our aim is to be the best in the industry and it’s fantastic to see we are doing well but it’s important for our customers to know we will not stop here. We will continue to learn, improve and deliver unrivalled customer service across the region.”
Jim Dixon, Chair of the Water Forums, said: ““I very much welcome Northumbrian Water’s achievement in getting so much support from their customers in this important industry survey.
“This is testament to their strong commitment to giving excellent service, and gives the company an excellent base from which it can plan even more improvements that its customers will benefit from. It will certainly help inform our work in the Water Forums, as we challenge the company to ever greater heights.”
Overall the report shows that more customers nationally agree that their charges are more affordable and that customers are more satisfied with their water company than ever before.
Customers can compare how their company has performed on satisfaction and value for money by visiting www.ccwater.org.uk or the Discover Water website www.discoverwater.co.uk
For further media information, call 0191 3015678.
Northumbrian Water Limited supplies 2.7 million customers in the North East with both water and sewerage services, trading as Northumbrian Water, and 1.8 million customers in the South East with water services, trading as Essex & Suffolk Water.
In the most recent survey by the Consumer Council for Water, Northumbrian Water was named the UK’s most trusted water company by its customers. 2017 also saw Northumbrian Water named the world’s most ethical water company for the seventh successive year.
Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham DH1 5FJ. Telephone 0345 6047468. Website: www.nwl.co.uk