A series of free events is being held to update farmers, landowners, forestry and woodland managers, and others interested in rural matters, on the latest business, environmental and regulatory information.
The Farm Update North 2017 events will take place in Alnwick, Sedgefield and Hexham, featuring speakers from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), the Environment Agency, the Farming Advice Service, Forestry Commission, Natural England, Newcastle University and Northumbrian Water.
Each event will feature topical presentations, as well as an opportunity for attendees to speak with representatives of the organisations.
The presentations will include:
• Linking Land and Waste Management – Putting Research into Practice (Dr Elizabeth Stockdale, Newcastle University)
• Overview of Rural Development Funding (DEFRA)
• Countryside Stewardship Overview (Natural England)
• Woodland Grants (Forestry Commission)
• Water Industry and Agriculture Update (Northumbrian Water)
• Cross Compliance and Avoiding Common Failures (Ian Cairns, Farming Advice Service)
• Protecting Our Water Environment – What’s New In 2017 (Environment Agency)
The events all run from 10am to 1.30pm at:
• Alnwick Rugby Club, Greensfield Avenue, Alnwick NE66 1BE, on Tuesday, January 24.
• Sedgefield Racecourse, Racecourse Road, Sedgefield TS21 2HW, on Thursday, January 26.
• Hexham Mart, Tynedale Suite, Tyne Green, Hexham NE46 3SG, on Thursday, February 2.
The events are free and all bookings include lunch. To book a place, e-mail email@example.com or call 01748 907070.
For further media information, contact Paul White on 0191 3015325.
Northumbrian Water Limited supplies 2.7 million customer in the North East with both water and sewerage services, trading as Northumbrian Water, and 1.8 million customers in the South East with water services, trading as Essex & Suffolk Water.
In the most recent survey by the Consumer Council for Water, Northumbrian Water was named the UK’s most trusted water company by its customers. 2016 also saw Northumbrian Water named the world’s most ethical water company for the sixth successive year.
Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham DH1 5FJ. Telephone 0345 6047468. Website: www.nwl.co.uk