Join Steve Cram, MBE, former Olympic athlete and world record holder, as he reveals exciting plans for a NEW event to be added to the sixth Kielder Marathon weekend.
The popular weekend of events will take place around northern Europe’s largest man-made lake, Kielder Water, later this year. They include:
• Active Northumberland’s Kielder Marathon
• Kielder 10K
• Kielder Run-Bike-Run relay event
• Kielder Junior Races
• NEW Event!
Britain’s most beautiful marathon welcomes back Active Northumberland and Northumberland County Council as title sponsors, and delight as they sign up to a two-year sponsorship agreement.
Date: Tuesday 3 February 2015
Time: Please arrive between 10.00am and 10.30am
Venue: Wentworth Leisure Centre, Hexham, NE46 3PD (Free car parking is available – please collect a parking pass on arrival)
• Gold medal runner and sporting commentator, Steve Cram MBE
• Bruce Ledger – CEO of Active Northumberland
• Susan Dungworth - Chair of Active Northumberland and Northumberland County Council’s policy board member for Adult Care and Public Health
• Councillor Val Tyler – Northumberland County Council’s policy board member for Community, Infrastructure and Culture
• Video message from national newsreader, Sophie Raworth, who is participating in new event
Video footage from previous Kielder Marathon events available and stills from the launch available on request.
The Kielder Marathon team is delighted that Active Northumberland and Northumberland County Council will sponsor the main marathon event. Northumbrian Water is once again hosting the event at Kielder Water & Forest Park.
Please confirm your attendance at the launch by contacting Janine Scott from Northumbrian Water:
Tel: 0191 301 6713 or email email@example.com
Full press release and images to follow.
Kielder Water and Forest Park, which spans 250 square miles, is home to the largest forest in England, the largest man-made lake in northern Europe and makes up one of the largest Dark Sky Parks in the world. It was awarded the number one tourism experience in England by Visit England 2013, and the most tranquil place in England by the Campaign to Protect Rural England. For more information see www.visitkielder.com.