Our vision and values - We’re passionate about our company, the work that we do, the people we work with, the partnerships we have and the communities we work in.
We recognise what an important role we play in people’s lives and are proud of the services we provide to our customers 24 hours every day. We are also ambitious and are well on the way to achieving our vision to become the national leader in the provision of sustainable water and waste water services. We know that our people are key in helping us achieve our vision, so we look for people who share our approach:
Our values make us different. They help define who we are, what we do, and how we do it. Quite simply, our values are the way we do things at Northumbrian Water Ltd.
Customer focused – Results driven – One Team – Ethical - Creative
In summary, this means we want to:
• delight our customers, focus on their needs and ensure that we get things right first time every time.
• exceed expectations, strive for excellence and demonstrate a true results driven approach.
• really work together and go out of our way to support each other to deliver brilliant results.
• be open and honest and lead by example, supporting our local communities and the environment with enthusiasm and commitment.
• have a ‘can do’ attitude to do things differently, always looking for innovative and better ways to deliver our business.
For more detail please view the ′Our vision, our values, our way′ PDF below.
Employee volunteering - ′Just an hour′
We’re proud to give something back to the communities we supply. Our ‘Just an Hour’ scheme is our successful employee volunteering programme which gives our employees the opportunity to take a minimum of 15 working hours a year to support community initiatives. Not only does it give us the chance to learn new skills, but it also allows us the opportunity to make a difference- and that feels fantastic!!
Every year our employees do amazing things, some support a local charity regularly that is important to them, teams do painting and decorating, tidy up gardens, helping out at local schools, others mentor local students or share their business knowledge and expertise to support schools and charitable organisations. We actively encourage everyone to get involved.
If you want to find out more about our commitment to the community and our Just an Hour scheme, please view the link on the right.